Welcome to Project PATH (Positive Assessment Towards Health)!

Hi, my name is Sunghee Lee. I am a research scientist at the Institute for Social Research at the University of Michigan. Media has been reporting increasing use of IV drugs in recent months. Despite this, very little is known about the health and well-being of IV users and their needs. Project PATH attempts to provide information about the Greater Detroit IV user community and how best to recruit the community members in research projects.

Project PATH administers a survey questionnaire with IV users and does not involve any drug or disease testing. As a token of appreciation for your participation, we provide $30-65 cash incentives as a token of appreciation for your participation. In order to participate, you need to contact us (call/text: 734-277-8807 or email: projectpath@umich.edu) and schedule an appointment. This project is carried out by a collaboration with my colleague, Dr. Juliette Roddy, who is a professor at the Department of Health and Human Services the University of Michigan-Dearborn. A group of local experts, including health department officers and service agency members, are advising this project so that we will collect data useful for addressing IV users’ health status and needs.

The data collection is funded by the National Science Foundation (Award Number: SES-1461470).

Thank you for your interest and support!

Sunghee Lee, Ph.D. Juliette Roddy, Ph.D.