Dr. ALBANA SHEHAJ

Welcome! Bienvenue! Mirësevini!

Beginning in September 2019, I will be a Postdoctoral Research Scholar at Harvard University‘s  Center for European Studies. I was previously a Weiser Research Fellow at the University of Michigan’s  Weiser Center for Emerging Democracies.hold a Ph.D. in Political Science from the University of Michigan. Prior to my doctoral education, I acquired an M.A. in Political Science and Methodology and a B.A. (with high distinction) in Political Science from the University of Michigan. My former background includes Computer Science & Engineering.

My research and teaching interests span the scope of comparative and international political economy. Within these dimensions, my research interests include democratization, distributive politics, corruption, International Organizations, migration policy, and formal and empirical methods. My recent research examines the impact that fiscal policies of International Organizations – including the EU, IMF, and the World Bank – have on patterns of corruption, migration, democratic performance, and authoritarian relapsing in recipient states. I systematically examine broad trends in these dynamics by combining cross-national analysis with a geographical expertise in the developing states of Eastern and Southeastern Europe. My research crosses disciplinary lines and employs various methodological approaches including qualitative, formal, and empirical.

For additional information about my research projects and articles under review, please visit my personal website.