Apply for the Bonderman Fellowship!
The Bonderman Fellowship application is closed. The 2021-22 fellowship applications will open November 1st, 2020. Go to MCompass to learn more.
Information Sessions will resume in November 2020 via Zoom. If you would like to learn more about the fellowship before that time, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment.
Upcoming Info Session Dates
Monday, November 2 @ 3-4 p.m.
Friday, November 20 @ 12-1 p.m.
Tuesday, December 1 @ 4-5 p.m.
Friday, January 22 @ 12-1 p.m.
Open advising hours will resume in November 2020 on Sunday, November 1. As the team is working remotely through the fall, all open advising appointments will occur via Zoom at the link below.
Fall Advising Hours
Mondays at 2 – 3 p.m.
Thursdays at 11 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Zoom link: https://umich.zoom.us/j/91653235178 (You must be logged into your UM account to access)
Open application period: November 1st, 2020 – February 1st, 2021
- Students in the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor campus (must be majoring in an LSA subject)
- Graduating seniors – December 2020 or May 2021 graduates (Sp/Su 2021 graduates will be evaluated on a case by case basis)
- Must be a US citizen or permanent resident
Detailed application requirements will be provided when you begin your application through MCompass.
Application materials include:
- A supplemental questionnaire regarding proposed fellowship details
- A trip itinerary with a list of countries and estimated dates for your proposed trip
- An estimated budget for your trip
- Three Essay Questions
- Why do you want this fellowship? What challenges do you expect to face? How will this experience impact you as a person? (1,500 words or less)
- Provide an example of when you interacted with someone different from yourself. What perspective did you gain from this experience? (500 words or less)
- Please describe a time when you faced adversity and/or were not in control of your surroundings. How did you handle this situation? What lessons did you learn? (500 words or less)
- One (1) online recommendation through MCompass (does NOT need to be UM Faculty or staff member)