Welcome to the I Dig Archaeology session at Camp Explorations! This week campers will be learning all about archaeology and early civilizations and even learn about shipwrecks from a long time ago! Here are some questions that you can ask your camper at the end of each day.
On Monday we learned about the difference between archaeology and paleontology. Ask me…
- How is archaeology different than paleontology?
- What artifacts did you look at?
On Tuesday we had a field trip to the Kelsey Museum of Archaeology! Ask me…
- What artifact did you excavate?
- Ask me about the barbie mummy activity.
On Wednesday we learned about Greece and Rome. Ask me…
- Was your aqueduct successful at transporting water?
- What events did you compete in during the Camp Explorations Olympic Games?
- Show me your Roman shield!
On Thursday we learned about Ancient Mesopotamia. Ask me…
- Ask me to write my name in Cuneiform (or show the one they wrote at camp).
- What designs did you add to your cylinder seal?
On Friday we learned about underwater archaeology and shipwrecks. Ask me…
- What diving hand signals did you learn?
- Why do you think the S.S. Edmund Fitzgerald sank?
- How did you solve the code for the archaeology escape room?