Welcome to week seven of Camp! This week we are exploring the wild world of animals. Here are some questions to ask your camper at the end of each day!
Monday we will be learning about mammals Ask…
- Which land animal has the largest brain?
- Which ancient mammals developed stone tools?
- What does crepuscular mean?
- What are some examples of nocturnal mammals?
On Tuesday learning about reptiles and amphibians. Ask…
- What are the stages of the frog life cycle?
- What is the name of the only venomous snake that lives in Michigan?
- What are some differences between reptiles and amphibians?
On Wednesday we will learn about ocean animals.We will also be visiting a fish lab within the Biological Sciences Building. Ask…
- What are the three ocean zones we learned about in 3-D bingo?
- Are their any mammals that live in the ocean? If so can you name some?
- Name some different types of sharks.
On Thursday we will learn about birds. Our friends from the Leslie Science and Nature Center will also be paying us a visit with some very special guests. Ask…
- What is an owl pellet?
- What part of a bird has adapted numerous times to suit their environment/ type of food available?
On Friday we will learn about different types of animal habitats. Ask…
- What is camouflage?
- What causes habitat destruction?
- How does habitat destruction affect animals?