Welcome!

I am a PhD candidate in political science at the University of Michigan. My primary research interests include identity politics; race, ethnicity and immigration; and political behavior. I am interested in experimental and survey methodology. My fields of study are in American politics, political behavior, and race/ethnicity politics.My dissertation focuses on the identity appeals of politicians and community elites on various participatory outcomes among Asian and Latino electorates.

Some of my other research interests include: partisanship formation, race relations, mobilization and outreach efforts targeting low-propensity voters, and the link between experiences with discrimination on group identity and political participation.

In my free time, you can find me boxing at the Title Kickboxing Club of Ann Arbor, hiking in the woods, or painting indoors. I was born in Seoul, South Korea where I later immigrated to the U.S. at the age of 8. I have resided in Alaska, Kansas, Washington, (northern/southern) California, and Michigan where I am now enjoying the Midwestern life!

Feel free to reach me at chinbo [at] umich [dot] edu