U-M Community of Scholars Fellowship

I’m so honored to have received a Community of Scholars fellowship from the University of Michigan’s Institute for Research on Women and Gender.

Screen Shot 2016-02-17 at 9.54.07 AM

Mizna Publication

mizna-v16issue1I’d like to extend my thanks to Mizna: Poetry, Prose, and Art Exploring Arab America for publishing my poem about Syria–titled “Speak, Silk”–in Volume 16, Issue 1, available to read online here.

Gallery

Mellon Foundation Public Humanities Fellowship

This gallery contains 8 photos.

I was blessed to spend eight weeks (May – July 2015) working as a Mellon Public Humanities Fellow at the Arab American National Museum in Dearborn, Michigan. The Rackham Graduate School at U-M featured my work in this article. Photo by Bruce … Continue reading

Academic article publication

hawwaI’m happy to announce that my academic article, “Counter Fictions and Imaginary Topographies: Auto/Biographical Methodologies and the Construction of Group Knowledge in Evelyn Shakir’s Bint Arab: Arab and Arab American Women in the United States,” appears in Volume 12, Issue 2-3 (2014) of Hawwa: Journal of Women of the Middle East and the Islamic World.

New poetry publication

miznaI’m happy to announce that my poem, “This Body, This Battering,” appears in Volume 15, Issue 1 (2014) of Mizna: A Forum for Arab American Art. 

Evelyn Shakir Book Reading

I’m so excited to be reading, along with poet George Ellenbogen, to celebrate Evelyn Shakir’s final book, Teaching Arabs, Writing Self.

DIWAN – Arab American National Museum

I’m excited to read from my fiction and poetry on Saturday, April 6th at 11 am at the DIWAN: A Forum for the Arts Conference at the Arab American National Museum.

diwan2

Mizna Journal Release Reading

I’m very excited to be reading on Saturday, February 9, 2013 at 7 p.m. at the Loft Literary Center in Minneapolis to celebrate the publication of the twenty-sixth issue of Mizna: A Forum for Arab American Art, the only literary journal around dedicated to Arab American literature.

I’ll be joined by authors based in the Twin Cities, greater Minnesota, and around the country. Journals will be available for purchase. And, of course, there will be a reception afterward!

Author readings by: Andrea Assaf, Tami Mohamed Brown, Yahya Frederickson, Amir Hussain, Lola Koundakjian, Christina Najla LaRose, Shahé Mankerian, Sahar Mustafah, and more.

For more information, click here.

Mizna

I’m so excited to report that my poem, “Dates, Triggers” will be published in the December 2012 issue of Mizna.

Radius of Arab American Writers – 2012 Conference

I’m very excited to be presenting at the 2012 Radius of Arab American Writers Conference in Dearborn, Michigan which runs from May 31-June 2!  Click here for the the schedule.