There are a number of groups and units on campus related to Computational Social Science. We (organizers of the CSS Rackham Interdisciplinary Workshop) try to maintain a full listing of their websites and information here. Please reach out with updates/additions.
CSS Rackham Interdisciplinary Workshop
- CSS events organized by graduate students, open to all.
- Website with announcements and resources
- Maintains an email listserv with 150+ members for CSS related events, announcements, and calls.
Complex Systems (CSCS)
Michigan Institute for Data Science (MIDAS)
- Seminar Series (distinguished speakers throughout the year from out of town)
- Center for Data-Intensive Social Science Research
- Graduate Certificate
ICOS Big Data Camp
- A two week summer course aimed at graduate students and other researchers. Sponsored by the Interdisciplinary Committee on Organizational Studies.
- Website (2017)
Ann Arbor Data Dive (A2D2)
- A student organization in the School of Information that brings together local non-profits with people interested in helping them make use of their data.
Consulting for Statistics, Computing & Analytics Research (CSCAR)
Summer Program in Quantitative Methods of Social Research (ICPSR)
- Teaches a variety of CSS relevant skills and methods, including network analysis, machine learning, text analysis, math for social scientists, R, and more!
Other units with CSS components
- CSS Area of Interest, School of Information (SI)
- CSS project, Language and Information Technologies (EECS)
- Dr. Pascal Van Hentenryck’s CSS research (IOE)
- Summer Institute in Computational Social Science
- Funded by Russell Sage
- Santa Fe Institute summer schools and workshops in complex systems
- UC Berkeley Data 8 open Foundations of Data Science course & materials.