We are excited to announce that the Computational Social Science RIW will be hosting a mini-conference on Thursday and Friday, April 6-7, 2017!
- The conference is open to people from the UM community at all levels and departments.
- We particularly encourage submissions from graduate students looking to get feedback on their works in progress.
- Work in early stages (e.g. project proposal or data analysis) is welcome–that’s often when we need feedback.
- Late-stage work is also welcome–this is a great opportunity to get feedback on that conference or journal paper before you send it out.
- Work about CSS (e.g. STS or research on data privacy) is welcome, even if you don’t personally use CSS methods.
- Sunday, February 5: CFP released.
- Wednesday, March 15, 11:59pm: Proposal and registration deadline.
- Thursday, April 6th, 2pm: Skills workshop: python for data analysis (with CSCAR)
- Thursday, April 6th, 6pm: Invited panel (more details soon!)
- Friday, April 7th, 11am-4pm: Open sessions and round tables (central campus)
Please share this invitation with anyone who may be interested.