Two presentations in Stockholm next week

I’m headed to Stockholm where I’ll be giving two presentations at the Stockholm School of Economics next week. Anders Olofsgård at the Stockholm Institute of Transition Economics (SITE) invited me.

On Monday, May 11, I’m presenting at the “Finance for Sustainable Development” conference, which is co-organized by Sweden’s Ministry for Foreign Affairs. The conference is a prelude to Sweden’s participation in the International Conference on Development Finance (in Addis Ababa) in July. My presentation is on “Migration, Remittances, and Economic Development,” and I’ll be covering existing evidence on the development impact of migration and remittances, as well as some evidence about remittance policies that might promote development in migrant-origin countries. This should be a good chance to influence the Swedish government’s thinking about remittance-related development policies.

On Tuesday, May 12, at the Institute’s brown-bag lunch, I’m presenting my Mozambique savings-and-subsidies paper. Looking forward to the discussion and the feedback, as this is very much a work in progress.