I am a joint Ph.D. candidate in Public Policy and Political Science at the University of Michigan. I am also an International Policy Center research scholar at the Ford School of Public Policy, a non-resident research fellow at the Ateneo School of Government in the Philippines, and a visiting research fellow at the Research Center for Politics and Government at Universitas Gadjah Mada in Indonesia.

I study the effects of civil society and social accountability initiatives on the quality of democratic representation and the distribution of public goods in Southeast Asia. My research has been supported by the J-PAL Governance Initiative, the Southeast Asia Research Group (SEAREG), and the Weiser Center for Emerging Democracies (University of Michigan).

I received an M.A. in Law and Diplomacy at the Fletcher School at Tufts University and a B.S. in Foreign Service (International Politics) at Georgetown University and previously worked on electoral reform projects for The Asia Foundation in Timor-Leste and the National Democratic Institute in Cambodia.