F. NeunerI am a Ph.D. candidate in the Department of Political Science at the University of Michigan. I study political psychology, political behavior, and public opinion, both in the U.S. and in comparative contexts.

My dissertation research examines attitudes toward global governance and how elite frames can affect the legitimacy of global regulatory bodies. To examine how these dynamics unfold, I test my hypotheses in the context of organizations that have not been politicized to date (e.g., the International Standards Organization (ISO) or the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC)).

In addition to my dissertation, my research examines various aspects of political psychology and public opinion. Some of my current projects include work that unpacks (1) the mechanisms underlying framing and racial priming effects, (2) how mass media facilitates public responsiveness, and (3) the mechanisms underlying racial divides in perceptions of police-involved shootings.

Before coming to Michigan I completed an M.Phil in Politics (European Politics and Society) at the University of Oxford and a B.Sc. in European Politics, Society and Economics at the University of Birmingham.