Home

My name is Felicity B. Hills. I am a third year physics graduate student in the FEPS Group at The University of Michigan. I am interested in direct imaging exoplanets. Specifically, I hope assist in the improvement of technology so we could resolve an earth-like planet around one of the nearest stars.

Like most astronomers, I have always been fascinated with the night sky.

I began my PhD. program at the University of Michigan in 2015. I began working with Dr. Michael Meyer and the FEPS group in the Fall of 2016. Before coming to the University of Michigan, I was the first student in the Bridge Program in Physics at Princeton University. During my time at Princeton, I was a part of the Advanced ACTPol collaboration working on instrumentation for the telescope. I received my B.A. in Mathematics and Physics in 2013 from Bowdoin College. During the Summers of 2011 and 2012, I worked on the Fermilab Holometer as part of The University of Chicago’s MRSEC REU.

Carina Marie Hills

I have been fascinated with astronomy and cosmology since I was a young girl. For me, being a physicist means I get to be a part of a community that is unravelling the secrets of nature and exploring how we came to exist and ask these questions. Outside of physics, I am an avid reader, crafter, and cat lady.