We hear the term “microaggressions” more frequently now than ever before. Is it because this microaggression culture has just emerged and people are “overly sensitive” while others are all of a sudden engaging in these sorts of acts? Absolutely not.
These daily verbal, behavioral, or environmental slights, whether overt, subtle, or unintentional, have become a huge area of concern. Whether one believes this phenomenon is real, perceived, or a made-up term for invalid experiences, you all will benefit from this session.
- Be introduced to the parent term “microaggressions” and other concepts relevant to this topic
- Obtain an understanding of the social and psychological impacts of microaggressions
- Engage in activities and dialogue to unveil microaggressions within the workplace
- Validate your experiences with microaggressions
- Walk away with some techniques to combat everyday slights, as a bystander or as a recipient
Pre-registration is required at https://myumi.ch/Lz48b.