The LSA Music Program is a collaborative enterprise administered and staffed by the UM School of Music, Theatre & Dance for the College of LS&A. Several other campus units, particularly the Residential College music program, are involved as well. Many academic units on campus, such as American Culture, offer music courses that are eligible to fulfill LSA music degree requirements.

More information about School of Music, Theatre & Dance minors and SMTD degrees can be found on the SMTD Degree Requirements and Layouts page. SMTD minors are typically open to students in other units. Students interested in transferring to the School of Music, Theatre & Dance should contact the Admissions Office (734-764-0593; smtd.admissions@umich.edu).

Please see our list of Frequently Asked Questions.