Home

Welcome! I am an LSA Collegiate Postdoctoral Fellow in the Sociology Department at the University of Michigan, where I will start as an Assistant Professor in the summer 2021. I received my PhD in Sociology at Columbia University, as well as a MA in Sociology and Anthropology from the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro and a BA in Economics from Puc-Rio.

I am a political sociologist who studies knowledge, power, and inequality in comparative perspective. I have three main areas of research. First, I investigate the critical role that policy knowledge plays in shaping how states design, implement, and evaluate social policies. Second, I examine the enduring effects that state institutions have on the reproduction of inequalities. Third, I focus on racial inequality as both an ideological construction and a realm of action. Across all my research, I draw on a wide array of methods, from in-depth interviews and archival work to statistical analysis of longitudinal national surveys. You can have access to my publications here.