Our Spring 2019 Issue is here!
Poetry by Reza Afazali, Qeysar Aminpur, Vahe Armen, Armen Davoudian, Leila Emery, Mohammad Reza Shafi’i Kadkani, Saba Keramati, Haji Khavari, Saïdeh Pakravan, Arash Saedinia, Amir Safi, Mo H Saidi, Sayyed Ali Salehi, H.E. Sayeh, Roger Sedarat, Sohrab Sepehri, Fatemeh Shams, Sanam Shahmiri, and Mehrnoosh Torbatnejad
Translations by Salar Abdoh, Dick Davis, Armen Davoudian, Shahla Farghadani, Sara Khalili, Franklin Lewis, Harriet Levin, Paul Losensky, Fayre Mekeig, Roger Sederat, and Abdullah Zahiri
A special Editor’s Note from Khaled Mattawa
And a Forward from Guest Editor Kathryn Babayan
And enjoy our Web-Exclusive Iran Folio of interviews, reviews, Arts and Culture essays, and excerpts from the Print journal:
- An essay on cover artist Mehdi Ghadyanloo, “Finding Hope Amidst an Uncertain Economy: Mehdi Ghadyanloo at the 2019 World Economic Forum,” by Pamela Karimi
- Iranian Cinema, Then and Now: An Interview with Blake Atwood and Pedram Partovi, by Cameron Cross
- “A Lover Alone in Prison:” A Conversation between Ilan Stavans and Sara Khalili
- “Both a Poem and a Microcosm:” An Interview with Roja Chamankar by Leah Xue
- And, “Why I Chose This,” a series of excerpts of essays, fiction, and poetry from our Print Issue, introduced by MQR Staff Readers.