What’s your Museum Memory?
Please share your favorite memories (written, photos or video) of the U-M Museum of Natural History—or of the Exhibit Museum! You can use these questions as thought starters.
- When was your first visit to the Museum? Who was with you? What was your reaction?
- What role has the museum played in your life?
- Were you a student docent or a planetarium operator? What do you remember about giving tours or doing demonstrations?
- What was it like to lead a group of summer campers?
- Did the Museum inspire your career? If so, how?
Please send your memories and snapshots to us!
Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Keep it brief. Submissions should be less than 1,000 words. The best stories focus on a particular moment rather than an entire career. View story examples.
- Include images. Photos make the most of every story, and some are so good they can stand on their own. We prefer to have these uploaded as JPEG files with a minimum 300 dpi resolution. View photo examples in our gallery.
Electronic submissions are safest and best, but stories and photos* may also be mailed to:
U-M Museum of Natural History
4504 Ruthven Museums Building
1109 Geddes Avenue
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1079
*If sending original photographs or other documents you would like to have returned, please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
Questions? Contact MuseumMemories@umich.edu or call 734-763-3312.