Personal

I hail from a small village near Guntur in the southern Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. During my little free time, I enjoy music, exploring with my camera, travelling and volunteering. I listen to various genres of music but my most favorite is the music by the Indian composer Ilayaraja.  I like photographing nature, candid moments and special occasions. You can find some of photography on Pixoto.

Sunset at Grand Canyon National Park Fall Colors in Michigan Charminar DSC_1463_Hatcher1 Genius Award Olympic Generations Xuming Picnic
Sunset at Grand Canyon National Park: The magical colors of the sky amaze me
Fall Colors in Michigan (I received Jury's choice award from ICICI privilege moments for this photo)
Charminar - a historical landmark of Hyderabad, India
The beautiful Hatcher graduate library at night
I took this one while Susan was delivering her "genius" award address
Rain Forest in Olympic National Park
With Vijay and his adviser Kjell Doksum
With Xuming in Rio
I clicked this photo at our department picnic

I enjoy volunteering and was part of the first Rackham Volunteer Corps to volunteer for nonprofits in Ann Arbor. While I was growing up in India, I witnessed and experienced many societal and economic problems. I lead the Ann Arbor chapter of the non-profit organization AID India to contribute a little towards improving the situation.

Campaign Volunteer Corps Arb 2015 Republic Day Apna School Indiaday
We were campaigning and fundraising in Grand Rapids, Michigan as part of AID
Rackham Volunteer Corps group at the Arb
We went for a campaign in Canton, Michigan. Most of the AID volunteers are grad students in Michigan
This is a school for kids of migrant laborers in India that AID supports
India Day in Novi, Michigan