About

I am a doctoral candidate in Biological Anthropology at the University of Michigan where I am advised by Dr. Jacinta Beehner. My dissertation examines the causes and consequences of individual differences in male life history patterns in wild gelada monkeys (Theropithecus gelada) – a close relative of baboons.

Current projects include research investigating developmental and dispersal patterns in juvenile male geladas, behavioral endocrinology of adult male geladas, mechanisms underlying male reproductive strategies, adaptive significance of male-female social bonds, as well as investigating alternative reproductive tactics in adult male geladas.

Prior to this, I received a 5 year dual BS-MS degree from the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Mohali in 2015 with a focus in Biological Sciences. I am broadly interested in sexual selection and sexual conflict and how it leads to the evolution of diverse behavioral and life history traits in social species. I am currently a Barbour Scholar at the University of Michigan and am in the final stages of dissertation chaos.🙃

My research has been funded by the National Science Foundation, the L.S.B Leakey Foundation (Baldwin Fellowship and Research Grant), the International Primatological Society, the American Society for Mammalogists, the Rackham Graduate School, African Studies Center, International Institute, Evolution and Human Adaptation Program, and the Department of Anthropology at the University of Michigan.