About

I am a Ph.D. Candidate in the Departments of Political Science and Scientific Computing (MICDE), with a dual M.S. degree in Statistics, at the University of Michigan. I study international relations and quantitative methods with a secondary focus in comparative politics.

My research and teaching address a variety of topics related to political violence, including the causes and consequences of civil wars, terrorism, state repression, and forced migration, with a special emphasis on the broader Eurasian region. My research has been published in the Journal of Peace Research. Drafts of my published and working papers can be found on my research page and google scholar. You can access my CV here.

I was a 2016-2017 Marshall Weinberg Population, Development, and Climate Change Fellow at the Population Studies Center, 2015-2016 Emerging Democracy Fellow at the Weiser Center for Emerging Democracies, a 2016 Diversity and Diplomacy Fellow at the Humanity in Action, and a 2010 Black Sea Young Reformers Fellow of the German Marshall Fund and Robert Bosch Foundation.

I hold an MPA (2014) degree from Harvard University and MA in International Relations from Seton Hall University, John Whitehead School of Diplomacy. I received my BA in International Relations and European Studies from the Azerbaijan University of Foreign Languages.

Raised in the Caucasus mountains, I enjoy traveling, exploring cultures, playing piano, reading, and spending time with my one-year-old daughter.