Summer 2021 Program Participant Spotlight: Daniel Iddrisu

Daniel Iddrisu is part of the University of Michigan Graduate Student Cohort of the Summer 2021 U-M/UPR Curriculum Design Program. Learn more about Iddrisu and why he chose to apply to this year’s program below!

Daniel Iddrisu

Daniel Iddrisu is pursuing a Masters degree in International and Regional Studies with an African Studies specialization. He obtained a BA degree from the University for Development Studies, Ghana (2017). He worked as a teaching assistant with the University for Development Studies, (2017/2018). His research focuses on gender, development, and health. He is currently writing his thesis on “Female-headed households and access to healthcare services for children within such household in Ghana”.

I applied for this program because I view it as an opportunity to share my research for others to benefit from the knowledge been generated. Also, a program of this nature that brings a lot of scholars from different academic backgrounds, provides an atmosphere to learn new ideas and perspectives that will be beneficial for both sides, and also create an opportunity for future collaborations.

– Daniel Iddrisu on his decision to apply to the 2021 Summer Program