To view the schedule for Weiser Hall rooms 110/120 or other building-owned rooms, you can add these calendars on Google. You should be logged into you U-M Google account in order to see the calendars.
- On your computer, open Google Calendar.
- Next to “Add a coworker’s calendar,” click the plus sign (+) and select Browse resources.
- Scroll to Weiser Hall and click the arrow to expand the list.
- Select the checkbox next to the calendar you want to add.
Once you subscribe, you’ll see the calendar listed under “Other calendars” on the left side of Google Calendar.
Weiser Hall is now open, and units have begun occupying the building! After several years of planning, it is very exciting to see the project so close to completion and to see people start using the space. Several tools have been created to help people adapt to working at Weiser Hall and to have reference materials about building features and reservable rooms.
The Weiser Hall Welcome Guide and Room Guide are attached to this post, and can also be found on the Working at Weiser page on the site menu.
LSA Movers will provide units moving into Weiser Hall with moving crates. The dimensions of the crates are 24.25” x 15.25” x 12.75”.
Tips and notes on the proper use of crates:
- Place a crate on the wheeled dolly, fill crate, and close.
- Place the heaviest crate on the bottom.
- Set up to 3 more crates on top of first crate.
- No more than 4 crates on each wheeled dolly.
- Crates must be on a wheeled dolly or movers will not take them.
- Label each crate on the end panel, attaching label with Scotch tape. Labels will be provided for your use.
- Do not write on crates or use adhesive labels.
- Noting contents on label aids in the unpacking process.
- Crates of books should be labeled, “BOOKS”.
- Crates are NOT to be used to move computer monitors or computer towers. Computer components (cables, mouse, keyboard, etc.) can be placed inside a large Ziploc bag and the bag can be packed inside a crate.
As future Weiser Hall occupants clean out their current offices in preparation for the move, they can take advantage of the annual Office Supply Amnesty Event.
This June, U-M Waste Management Services will be collecting gently-used office supplies from campus locations and making them available to U-M departments and local non-profits at no charge. The 2017 Office Supply Amnesty and Collection Days are scheduled for June 21st and 22nd. This effort, which supports the University’s sustainability goal of reducing waste sent to landfills by 40% by 2025, is supported by Property Disposition and the Office of Campus Sustainability. Furniture, electronics, or anything broken will not be accepted.
If you would like to participate, please note the schedule below:
- June 14: Departments wishing to contribute office supplies for reuse must email email@example.com to indicate their intent to participate.
- June 21: Office supplies will be collected from loading docks and dumpster areas at North and Medical Campus locations. Supplies must be put out by 8:15 am.
- June 22: Office supplies will be collected from loading docks and dumpster areas at Central and South Campus locations. Supplies must be put out by 8:15 am.
- June 28: U-M departments are welcome to ‘shop’ (take) the supplies at the WMS Garage, 1655 Dean Road, Ann Arbor, 8 am – 3 pm.
- June 29: U-M departments & local non-profits are welcome to ‘shop’ (take) the supplies at the WMS Garage 1655 Dean Road, Ann Arbor 8 am – 3 pm.
Additional details at recycle.umich.edu.