To view the schedule for Weiser Hall rooms 110/120, you can add these calendars on Google. You should be logged into you U-M Google account in order to see the calendars.
- On your computer, open Google Calendar.
- Next to “Add a coworker’s calendar,” click the Down arrow Browse resources
- Next to the calendar you want to add, click Subscribe.
Once you subscribe, you’ll see the calendar listed under “Other calendars” on the left side of Google Calendar.
Weiser Hall is now open, and units have begun occupying the building! After several years of planning, it is very exciting to see the project so close to completion and to see people start using the space. Several tools have been created to help people adapt to working at Weiser Hall and to have reference materials about building features and reservable rooms.
The Weiser Hall Welcome Guide and Room Guide are attached to this post, and can also be found on the Working at Weiser page on the site menu.
The hours for Weiser Hall as of Fall 2017 will be as follows.
Exterior doors are open 7:00am-6:00pm. Anyone with a valid MCard may enter the building from 6:00-10:00pm. Building access is limited from 10:00pm-7:00am to those with departmental authorization (generally this includes non-temporary staff and faculty).
Department suites open at 8:00am, with suite doors closing and restricted access from stairwells and elevators beginning at 5:00pm. The 7th floor is an exception, with standard hours of 8:30am-5:00pm.
Weekends and Holidays
Only people with department authorization will be able to gain entrance through exterior doors and onto the individual floors/suites on weekends and holidays.
Building access and access to floors outside of regular building hours are permitted using an MCard. Permissions and exceptions are maintained in the CCure system. Exceptions to the schedule (e.g., for an evening meeting or event) can be made by the departmental CCure administrator. Other access control adjustments can be made by contacting email@example.com.
It is important for staff in Weiser Hall to carry their MCards in order to gain access to the floor and suite outside of the 8:00am-5:00pm schedule.
LSA Movers will provide units moving into Weiser Hall with moving crates. The dimensions of the crates are 24.25” x 15.25” x 12.75”.
Tips and notes on the proper use of crates:
- Place a crate on the wheeled dolly, fill crate, and close.
- Place the heaviest crate on the bottom.
- Set up to 3 more crates on top of first crate.
- No more than 4 crates on each wheeled dolly.
- Crates must be on a wheeled dolly or movers will not take them.
- Label each crate on the end panel, attaching label with Scotch tape. Labels will be provided for your use.
- Do not write on crates or use adhesive labels.
- Noting contents on label aids in the unpacking process.
- Crates of books should be labeled, “BOOKS”.
- Crates are NOT to be used to move computer monitors or computer towers. Computer components (cables, mouse, keyboard, etc.) can be placed inside a large Ziploc bag and the bag can be packed inside a crate.
As future Weiser Hall occupants clean out their current offices in preparation for the move, they can take advantage of the annual Office Supply Amnesty Event.
This June, U-M Waste Management Services will be collecting gently-used office supplies from campus locations and making them available to U-M departments and local non-profits at no charge. The 2017 Office Supply Amnesty and Collection Days are scheduled for June 21st and 22nd. This effort, which supports the University’s sustainability goal of reducing waste sent to landfills by 40% by 2025, is supported by Property Disposition and the Office of Campus Sustainability. Furniture, electronics, or anything broken will not be accepted.
If you would like to participate, please note the schedule below:
- June 14: Departments wishing to contribute office supplies for reuse must email firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate their intent to participate.
- June 21: Office supplies will be collected from loading docks and dumpster areas at North and Medical Campus locations. Supplies must be put out by 8:15 am.
- June 22: Office supplies will be collected from loading docks and dumpster areas at Central and South Campus locations. Supplies must be put out by 8:15 am.
- June 28: U-M departments are welcome to ‘shop’ (take) the supplies at the WMS Garage, 1655 Dean Road, Ann Arbor, 8 am – 3 pm.
- June 29: U-M departments & local non-profits are welcome to ‘shop’ (take) the supplies at the WMS Garage 1655 Dean Road, Ann Arbor 8 am – 3 pm.
Additional details at recycle.umich.edu.
LSA Facilities & Operations is pleased to announce that Krystian Mosher has joined their team as the Weiser Hall Facilities/Conference Coordinator. Krystian has a master’s degree in family and human development from Arizona State University and joins us from her most recent employer, Lansing Community College, where she served as the assistant to the dean for corporate training. Krystian has a strong background in event and space management, operations administration, and facilities support.
Krystian started on Monday, May 15th, and will sit with the LSA Facilties & Operations team in the LSA Building until she is able to move into Weiser Hall this summer. At Weiser, Krystian will oversee reservations and operations of the 10th floor event space and 1st floor classroom/event spaces, and will facilitate other building operations. She will be finding time to meet building occupants over the next couple of months, and will be on-site to welcome staff as we move into Weiser Hall. If you would like to reach out to Krystian, please contact her at email@example.com
In preparation for moving to Weiser Hall, staff and faculty from occupant units are invited to participate in retreats during the month of May. These meetings are being organized by floor, so that people sharing a common space will be able to collectively set expectations for working. The goal is to work together to establish norms while building connections.
Each retreat will take about 2.5 hours, with lunch served either at the beginning or end of the session. The basic agenda we will follow is below.
Introductions, Meeting Objectives, Agenda
Unpacking Change Readiness
- Defining and identifying change readiness
- Change Path activity
New Ways of Working
- Spaces, tools, and behaviors that impact work
- Mapping a Day activity
- Why do we have norms?
- I Second That activity
- Norm development, communication plan
Closing Thoughts and Next Steps
Week of July 17
2nd floor – CGIS & CEAL
Weeks of July 24 & 31
3rd, 4th, 5th floors – International Institute
Week of August 7
6th & 7th floors – MIDAS, Complex Systems, MCAIM, & CSBYC
Week of August 14
8th floor – Organizational Studies & Barger Leadership Institute
Week of August 21
9th floor – ELI & Weinberg Center for Cognitive Science
The Visual Resources Collection (VRC) in History of Art offers assistance to departments that are digitizing their files, including film, slides, negatives, and printed materials. Click below for a PDF that explains their services and provides contact information.
HISTORY OF ART-VRC Brochure 2017
Units will begin moving into Weiser Hall in mid-July, which is 102 calendar days from today! That may seem like plenty of time, but there are some things that can be done now to avoid a last-minute rush.
LSA Facilities has created a Moving Guide with some tips and resources related to moving. While some of these tasks are being managed for Weiser Hall units, the guide is a handy reference about the overall process.
You must be logged into a U-M Google account to view the Moving Guide, which can be accessed here.