LSA Guidelines for Weiser Hall Event Space
Tenth Floor Event/Boardroom Reservations Rules, Regulations, and Information for Weiser Hall Event Space
- The 10th-floor event space (room 1010) has a minimum seating occupancy of 30 and maximum of 170.
- The 10th-floor boardroom (room 1055) has a minimum seating occupancy of 5 and maximum of 16.
- Reservations will be reviewed and approved no more than 120 days in advance and should be submitted at least 30 days in advance.
- Reservations are limited to LSA Units only, with LSA Dean’s Office and Weiser Hall occupants given priority scheduling in the spaces. Requests from other schools and colleges will be considered on a case by case basis by LSA Dean’s Office.
- The Event Space and Executive Boardroom are reserved separately – simultaneous events in each space may be occurring – if you need both spaces, please indicate that on the request form.
- LSA Facilities will provide CCURE access to the space, room set up, and a small catering kitchen.
- Event Hosts are responsible to remain onsite for the duration of the event and clean up afterwards. LSA Facilities does not offer onsite support for evenings and weekends.
- LSA ISS will provide onsite AV support for all events that request AV.
- Please find the request form here.
Building Hours and Hours for Reservation
- The 10th-floor of Weiser Hall is locked at all time unless otherwise requested.
- Please include setup and clean up time in your event request to ensure access to the event space and building for your event vendors (if applicable).
- Weiser Hall is unlocked Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Anyone with a valid MCard can access the building at any card reader door Monday through Friday from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- All events must be completed by 10:00 p.m. An extra hour for cleanup may be requested but must be complete by 11:00 p.m.
- Groups affiliated with the College of LSA will not be charged for use of the spaces at this time.
- If damage or additional cleanup is required as a result of the event, fees could apply and will be the responsibility of the hosting unit. It may also limit the ability to reserve College of LSA space in the future.
Furniture, Furnishings, and Equipment
- Weiser Hall Event Space does have a variety of seating options for the 10th-floor event space. Here is a list of furniture available for the Event Space only. Once an event is confirmed, the Weiser Coordinator will reach out to finalize your furniture and set up needs.
- Groups must make separate arrangements for any additional furniture required for events. Any furniture, linens, or equipment provided for an event should be removed immediately following the event. If this is not possible, please make other arrangements in advance with the Weiser Coordinator.
- The lounge furniture in the 10th-floor event space cannot be rearranged.
- Within the 10th-floor Executive Boardroom, there is an executive conference table and 16 chairs.
- Prior to leaving an event, the onsite event contact must make sure all window blinds are down, all guests have left, and the event space is left in the condition it was found.
- Only food prepared by a licensed food establishment can be served.
- Caterers must bring in all items required for the event, including coffee service, linens, tableware, and settings.
- All items must be removed immediately following the event. Any food or beverages that remain after an event will be immediately disposed of.
- Special permission to serve alcoholic beverages must be obtained from the College of LSA, Office of Facilities and Operations at this link (must log into the LSA Gateway).
- Alcohol can only be served and maintained within the designated space.
- A bar is available for use but may only be used by a certified server. Please contact the Weiser Coordinator in advance to use the bar.
- Alcohol/Beer/Wine cannot be left in the space or kitchenette. Any left behind will be disposed of immediately.
- Failure to follow the LSA as well as the Office of the General Counsel’s Alcohol Policy (SPG 601.29 ) may result in loss of the privilege of using Weiser Hall Facilities.
- All events must be canceled by the designated contact person listed on the Room Request Form. Events should be canceled as soon as possible, and at least 14 days prior to the scheduled event. Failure to cancel a reservation at least 14 days in advance more than once in an academic year may result in loss of the privilege of using Weiser Hall Facilities.
Other Important Information
- All events must abide by LSA/U-M policies and guidelines (must be logged in and have access to the LSA Gateway).
- At no time can entrances/exits be blocked and the path of egress must be kept clear at all times. Stairwell doors will also not be unlocked.
- If security is required for an event, the group sponsoring the event must make arrangements by contacting the Department of Public Safety and Security and pay any additional costs.
- To purchase a meter bag, please go to the Republic Parking website at http://rpsa2.com/Meters-bag-page.
- The 10th-floor space must be cleaned and returned to its original condition after each event. The configuration of tables and chairs will be provided to each group with an approved reservation.
- The event space is designated for events and business meetings only. The preference of LSA is to give priority to events that fulfill the LSA mission of creating, preserving, and applying knowledge and academic values and to events that enrich the lives of the students and staff that make-up LSA.
- Posting or taping items on the walls is not allowed.
- No candles or open flames of any kind are permissible in the building.
- No adhesives, glitter, sand weights, confetti, confetti cannons, rice, dance wax, powder, or other similar matter are permitted.
- No temporary storage is available. All items must be brought in immediately prior to your meeting and removed immediately following. Please plan your event time to include set up and clean up.
- Students groups may not reserve WEISER-10. If units are hosting a student-focused event, a faculty member or staff must be on-site for the duration of the event.
- Priority is given to programmatic events focused on academics and scholarship.
- With the exception of the Dean’s Office and Weiser Hall occupants, for 2018/19, the space will generally not be available for faculty meetings, holiday parties, or graduation-related events.
- No impromptu/unreserved events