Participants are responsible for arranging their own transportation to Ann Arbor and lodging during the summer seminar.
Transportation to Ann Arbor
-Airport: Detroit Metro Airport (DTW) is 30 minutes east of Ann Arbor. DTW is a primary hub for Delta airlines.
-Amtrak: Amtrak runs through Chicago directly to Ann Arbor. The station is six blocks from campus.
-Ground transportation between DTW or Amtrak and Ann Arbor
- Michigan Flyer – (DTW) schedules, pricing, and routes available online
- Go Blue Taxi Ann Arbor – call 734-864-6454 to schedule a ride
- Golden Limo International – call 800-300-5151 or visit website to schedule a ride
- Lyft and Uber both operate between Detroit Metro Airport and Ann Arbor
Full apartments and private rooms in apartments and homes are available around Ann Arbor during the summer. Student sublets are the best option in terms of affordability.
- Facebook/Ann Arbor Area Buy – Sell – Trade. – Current students who leave town for the summer often advertise their apartments for “sublease” – this is one of the most affordable summer housing options in Ann Arbor.
- U-M Student Life sponsors a website for sublets and off-campus housing. Even if the posting indicates they are seeking a sublet for the entire summer it is often worth an inquiry to see if they will accept a one or two month sublet.
- Sabbatical Homes
- Home Away
Hotels on or near campus:
Hotels offering free shuttles to and from campus: