Internet of Things (IoT) – Debashish Sahu

Internet of Things (IoT)

Building electronics is one of my hobbies and I have in the recent year developed this skill to a point that I can help inspire others to make these things that make our day to day activities easier. Activities as simple as turning on and off lights using the internet (or using voice via siri/alexa/google voice) will help save energy and make our lives more easy aka… automated.

My MCU of choice will be ESP8266 which costs as low as $3 which operates at 80 MHz, equipped with WiFi and up to 8 GPIO pins. I own a few NodeMCU v1.0 and Wemos D1 mini that I will use for almost all of my projects.

I have a tons of ESP8266 (micro-processors with WiFi capability), relays, displays, motion sensors, led strips etc that I can assemble to make a functional product. There will be two aspects to this,

• Hardware building encompassing soldering and planning circuits
  • Software (Arduino IDE) to take care of all this hardware functioning properly.

I will spare some time and build one product at a time, documenting it by videos and post the details over here. Some project examples will be something in the lines of internet controlled light switch or motion sensor based home automation or home security using laser trap or animations on a LED strip etc.