Recent Posts

Lexi Frank with drawers of desert cottontail (Sylvilagus audubonii) specimens from California.

How museum collections can enhance public health

by Lexi Frank, BS EEB, MPH Environmental Health Sciences In a new building on the south side of Ann Arbor, in a white-walled, high-ceilinged room, are hundreds of drawers filled with thousands of dead animals. Why? The Research Museums Center […]

Ecology in a box

by Lynn Carpenter, lecturer and advisor for the University of Michigan Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology As with most other faculty last year, I was completely at a loss of how to take my Ecology Lab normally “In-Person” class […]

News and notes from your librarian: the “going back to campus, campus, campus…” edition

by Scott Martin, Biological Sciences Librarian, University of Michigan Library Welcome back, everyone! And a special greeting to this year’s grad student cohort – I’m looking forward to working with you! For a general introduction to the library, my Canvas […]

All Posts

About this Blog

A collection of research experiences and thoughts from graduate students, faculty, research staff and alumni of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology at the University of Michigan.

Follow UM EEB