If you are participating in the conference, please try to arrive the night of February 14th. This will prevent any problems with major travel delays or cancellations. Keep in mind this is Michigan in February!
If you are flying in for our conference, the nearest airport is the Detroit Metropolitan Airport (DTW).
The best and cheapest method to get from DTW (in Romulus, MI) to Ann Arbor and back is the bus service provided by the Michigan Flyer company. Rideshares are also an option, though depending on time of day they can be quite costly.
Ann Arbor has quite a few convenient hotels. We recommend:
- The Graduate Ann Arbor Hotel, a boutique hotel located right across the street from the University of Michigan campus and right in the center of town. Take advantage of our Advance Purchase offer and SAVE 15% on your upcoming stay if you book 21 days in advance. (This is a prepaid, non-refundable fee.)
- Ann Arbor Bed & Breakfast, whose nine colorful, individually decorated rooms offer en suite bathrooms, TVs with DVD players and free Wi-Fi. Some add kitchenettes, while 2 feature private patios with hot tubs. Full breakfast is served in an atrium dining area or on a deck with park views. Other freebies include snacks, hot drinks and sodas, which are available all day, as well as covered parking. Address: 921 East Huron Street #4, Second Floor, Ann Arbor, MI 48104. Phone: (734) 994-9100
- The Executive Hotel of Ross Business School, designed specifically to house short-term stays for academic conferences and business meetings. Typical hotel style. 10-15 min. walk depending how much the cold slows you down. Address: 710 East University Ave, Ann Arbor, MI 48109. Phone: (734) 764-7677
- Stone Chalet Bed and Breakfast: 1917 Washtenaw Ave, Ann Arbor, MI 48104. Phone: (734) 417-7223
- Burnt Toast Inn, a colorful B&B on a tree-lined street just a 5-minute walk from downtown Ann Arbor and a 13-minute walk from the University of Michigan campus. The 5 individually decorated rooms all include antique pieces, free WiFi, and yoga mats. A couple have private bathrooms, while the rest have shared facilities. Complimentary continental breakfast with organic coffee is provided. Address: 415 West William St, Ann Arbor, MI 48103. Phone: (734) 662-6685
- Burnt Toast Inn’s Washington House, just a few blocks from the West William St. location. Address: 516 West Washington St, Ann Arbor, MI 48103. Phone: (734) 662-6685
- First Street Garden Inn: Address: 549 S 1st St, Ann Arbor, MI 48103. Phone: (734) 741-9786
- The Himalayan Lodge: Address: 120 Eighth St, Ann Arbor, MI 48103. Easy bus access or 20-min. walk. Phone: (734) 369-3107