We are pleased to announce the 2019 Iranian Film Festival of Ann Arbor, hosted in collaboration with the Iranian Graduate Student Association and The Iranian Revolution and its Disciplinary Aftereffects Symposium. Films will be screened every Sunday at 3:00 pm, from January 20 to February 24, in Rackham Amphitheatre (915 E Washington St. / Ann Arbor, MI 48109). All screenings are free and open to the public. For the full program, please visit to https://sites.lsa.umich.edu/iranian-studies/filmfest. Hope to see you there!
- 1/20: Tehran Has No More Pomegranates (M. Bakhshi, 2006)
- 1/27: Marriage of the Blessed (M. Makhmalbaf, 1989)
- 2/3: The Hidden Half (T. Milani, 2001)
- 2/10: No One Knows About Persian Cats (B. Ghobadi, 2009)
- 2/17: The Salesman (A. Farhadi, 2016) – Q&A with film scholar Pedram Partovi
- 2/24: Sound and Fury (H. Seyyedi, 2016)