Leigh Stuckey

I am an anthropologist, migration researcher, educator, and Digital Content Editor for Comparative Studies in Society and History journal.

I specialize in refugees and displaced populations, homeland studies, nationalism and transnationalism, heritage tourism, and the politics of hospitality. My work is situated in Turkey and Greece.

I teach Introduction to Anthropology, Childbirth and Culture, Peoples and Cultures of the Near East and North Africa, and Qualitative Methods in Ethnography at the University of Michigan. In my courses, I’m committed to preparing students to bring the qualitative research skills and worldview of anthropology into diverse fields including medicine, obstetrics and midwifery, social science research, user experience and design, international business, NGO and nonprofit work, and more.

I also have two children and have trained as a birth, postpartum, and pregnancy loss doula.

Contact

If you have any questions or just want to say hello, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Address

101 West Hall

1085 S. University Ave

Ann Arbor, MI 48109

Email