Welcome!

I am a Rackham Pre-Doctoral Fellow and Ph.D. Candidate in Political Science at the University of Michigan where I specialize in American politics. My research is supported by the National Science Foundation Doctoral Dissertation Research Improvement Grant, a National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship, and the Hanes Walton Award in Race and Ethnic Politics Research, as well as several other fellowships, grants, and awards. My full CV can be accessed here.

My research interests include race and ethnic politics, public opinion, political behavior, and research design. My methodological expertise is primarily in designing, conducting, and analyzing surveys and experiments, as well as experience with qualitative interviewing and analysis.

In my dissertation,┬áThe Politics of Skin Color, I demonstrate that skin tone – the lightness or darkness of one’s skin, beyond race – is politically meaningful, both in terms of one’s political preferences but also in perceptions of opportunity and treatment in the United States. More detailed information about my dissertation is available here.