Join us for a conversation about the current debate over gender-neutral pronouns that plays out on college campuses, on social media, and in offices across the country.
We’ll ask questions like:
- Why are we thinking about pronouns in new ways?
- What are the politics and the history of the pronoun?
- And what do the conversations we are having about them reveal about American culture in this moment?
Come talk to humanities scholars who work on questions like these and others you might have about the power of the pronoun. Featuring:
- Angela Dillard (Residential College, Afroamerican and African studies)
- Scott Larson (American culture)
- Robin Queen (linguistics, English, German)