Educational Leadership

Detroit City Study

Building on my research on yeshivas as educational coworking spaces, I launched and developed Detroit City Study, a colearning space that brought together an interdisciplinary cohort of Michigan graduate students and Detroit community members to share knowledge in a unique colearning space.

University of Michigan Bicentenntial Presidential Colloquium, Office of the President

I worked on a team of faculty, a variety of stakeholders within the university as well as outside vendors, and the Office of the President, to organize the Bicentennial Presidential Colloquium on the Campus of the Future. This forum empowered students to envision the future of higher education and its learning environments and brought in experts to contribute to, asssess and judge their visions.

Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee, Diversity Ally, Department of Comparative Literature, University of Michigan

University of Michigan’s institution-wide DEI plan has led to a variety of initiatives on campus. I served on the second year of my department’s DEI committee. Through this committee, I worked regularly with faculty, staff, our director of graduate studies, director of undergraduate studies, fellow graduate student leaders and chair to integrate a number of culture-shifting initiatives in our department. Within the context of this work, I led community-building iniativates to improve the safety in our department in relation to the potential abuse of power between mentors and students, and on integrating a more humanizing educational model within our learning environment. I continued my commitment to the department’s culture as a Diversity Ally, making pathways to and through academia more visible to incoming and current students through our digital presence, outreach and partnerships with other institutions.

Graduate Student Teaching Mentor

I served as the Department of Comparative Literature’s Graduate Student Teaching Mentor, through which I created our first Graduate Student Instructor Handbook, providing critical resources to current and future graduate student teachers in the department.