Department of Physics
University of Michigan
450 Church St.
Ann Arbor, MI 48109
Office: 2251 Randall
- Soft matter physics: fundamental theories for rigidity and their applications to jamming, glass transition, and biopolymer gels
- Topological mechanics: Topological states in mechanical systems, Maxwell lattices, topological floppy modes and states of self stress
- Self assembly: open and self-limited structures self assembly in colloidal and nanoparticles systems
- Biological physics: cell mechano-sensing and migration in extracellular matrices
- Materials physics: mechanical metamaterials, fracturing control
Education and Training
- Postdoctoral Fellow 2008-2012, Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Pennsylvania.
- PhD 2008, Physics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Thesis: Statistical Physics of Soft Random Solids: Vulcanization, Heterogeneity, and Elasticity
- MS 2004, Physics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- BS 2002, Physics, Peking University, China
- My group currently has openings for postdoctoral researchers and graduate students on topological mechanics, soft matter, and self-assembly problems. Please email me if you are interested!