About Me

I am a graduate student in the Department of Psychology at the University of Michigan, working primarily with Dr. Felix Warneken in the Social Minds Lab. 

I study the development of fairness and third-party punishment in children. My research focuses on (a) children’s motivations for punishment against unfairness, (b) distributional end states that children pursue through third-party punishment, and (c) children’s evaluations and reasoning about alternative third-party interventions (e.g., compensation of a victim).¬†

To explore these questions, I developed a new experimental tool, in which children interact with (computer-programmed) players. Please see demo here for more details.

Prior to joining U of M, I studied the emergence of moral sensitivity in infants at Yonsei University in South Korea where I received my bachelor’s and master’s degrees in Psychology.

To make science accessible to the public, I work with the Living Lab and am currently a Science Communication Fellow at the University of Michigan Museum of Natural History.