Openings

Postdoctoral fellows

We are looking for a highly motivated postdoctoral candidates who

• are interested in electronic structure development
  • have programming background
  • are interested in the application of new theories to crystalline and molecular problems

Candidates that find the research topics of our group interesting should send me a CV, a description of their own research interests and motivation for applying to our group. The candidate should also ask his/her reference writers to submit three letters of recommendation to me on his/her behalf.

We also welcome applications from postdoctoral candidates with a computer science background who are interested in electronic structure theory and are willing to explore the applicability of computer science tools to electronic structure problems.

Graduate Students

If you are interested in

• developing new methods that can provide insight into understanding of chemistry and physics of molecules and solids
  • applying new and existing theories to crystalline and molecular problems important for energy research (solar cells, catalysis)
  • being a part of an effort to build efficient codes that can be used in materials science to design new materials

If yes, then please email me. I will make sure that you will learn during your PhD about

• electronic structure of molecules and solids
  • programing in several languages (no prior computer skills are required)
  • applying new and existing codes to interesting problems

And of course we are going to have a lot of fun in our group while learning, developing and applying the chemical theories!

Undergraduate Students

Curious about theoretical chemistry? if you would like to apply some of the existing programs to interesting molecular and crystalline problems, then we welcome you. Please, contact me if you consider working on some research project in our group.