Upcoming invited talks at Purdue and Cambridge – Mary Leighton

Upcoming invited talks at Purdue and Cambridge

Two more exciting opportunities to discuss my research. In December I will be visiting the Anthropology Department at Purdue University, to give a paper on ‘Missing Data: Lost And Found Figures in U.S. – Mexican Interdisciplinary Research’.

This will be my first opportunity to present research from my most recent project, working with MEXPOS. I’ll be talking about the lost histories of data in both public health and ethnography, and specifically the hidden labor of female administators and assistants. I’m looking forward to meeting the anthropology students and faculty at Purdue as part of this visit, including learning more about the range of interdisciplinary work they are engaged in.

Then in March 2020 I will give a Garrod Lecture at the Archaeology Department in Cambridge. This event is especially significant to me, because it will mean returning to my undergraduate institution as an invited speaker. While rather intimidated by the prospect of returning ‘home’, I am very much looking forward to seeing my old friends and mentors.

Scroll to Top