If you are an undergraduate interested in joining our research team, we are currently seeking students who are:
- Dependable, motivated, and interested in research;
- Interested in social science (and have taken some social science classes);
- Comfortable working with people;
- Very detail-oriented and good at
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Able to work in a team environment but also show leadership;
Our undergraduate research assistants are involved in many aspects of the research process including literature reviews, data entry, observe and code video observations, project tracking and recordkeeping, incoming survey processing, participant recruitment and tracking, and the development of study materials.
After one semester of volunteering in the lab, students can earn Independent Research credits for their research hours. Please check with the undergraduate office in psychology for information on the different Independent Study Options that are available for course credit.
Prospective Graduate Students
Prospective students are encouraged to apply to our graduate program. Information regarding the graduate application process is available online: Psychology Graduate Program at the University of Michigan.
Interested students can also contact Dr. Carter, at firstname.lastname@example.org, to discuss research interests.