Comments and suggestions on my research are always welcome.
- The Preference for Reciprocity in Congress. Forthcoming, American Journal of Political Science.
- The Congressional Leadership Dilemma. Forthcoming, Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization.
- Causal Inference with Latent Treatments, with Justin Grimmer. Forthcoming, American Journal of Political Science.
- Rules and the Containment of Interpersonal Conflict in Congress, Legislative Studies Quarterly, 2022.
- How to Make Causal Inferences Using Texts, with Naoki Egami, Justin Grimmer, Margaret Roberts, and Brandon Stewart, Science Advances, 2022.
- Machine Learning Predictions as Regression Covariates, with Matthew Tyler. Political Analysis, 2021.
- Expertise, Networks, and Interpersonal Influence in Congress. Journal of Politics, 2020.
- Political Legacies, with Neil Malhotra and Yotam Margalit. PS: Political Science and Politics, 2019.
- Covariate Balancing Propensity Score for a Continuous Treatment, with Chad Hazlett and Kosuke Imai. Annals of Applied Statistics, 2018.
- Limited Obstruction, with Keith Krehbiel. American Political Science Review, 2018.
- Discovery of Treatments from Text Corpora, with Justin Grimmer. Proceedings of the Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistic, 2016.
- Expertise Acquisition in Congress, with Kenneth Lowande and Adam Rauh. Invited to revise and resubmit at American Journal of Political Science.
- A Tournament Theory of Congressional Leadership, with Joshua McCrain. Under review.
- Anticipating the Consequences of Filibuster Reforms. Under review.
- Information and Confrontation in Congressional Oversight, with Ayse Eldes and Kenneth Lowande. Under review.
- How Nancy Pelosi Overcame Her Opposition and Became House Speaker. Again. Washington Post, 1/4/2019.