Home

I am currently a postdoctoral research fellow working with Dr. John Jonides in the Department of Psychology, University of Michigan. I study how external and internal distractions affect cognitive performance and how we can reduce their impact. I use eye-tracking in both lab and real-world settings to study how people manage their attention when facing distractions. I also investigate the effects of transcranial direct-current stimulation (tDCS) on brain activation and on supporting optimal cognitive performance.

From 2014 to 2020, I was a Ph.D. student in the Combined Program in Education and Psychology at the University of Michigan, where my work primarily focused on gaze control mechanisms during mind-wandering. My advisors were Dr. Kevin Miller and Dr. Kai Cortina. Before coming to Michigan in 2014, I majored in Psychology at Beijing Normal University.

You can read more about my research here. To see my publications, please visit here. You can also see my teaching and mentoring activities here.