Lab members are involved in a variety of projects involving theoretical ecology, agricultural ecology, and tropical ecology. Current projects include:
- Spatial pattern formation in competitive communities.
- Properties of a nonlinear stochastic Cellular Automata model of cluster size formation.
- Ecological complexity leading to the ecosystem service of pest control in the coffee agroecosystem.
- Pest control in urban farm landscapes.
- Modular, spatially distributed metacommunity systems of ants in southern Mexico.
- Landscape patterns of ecological complexity and ecosystem function in coffee agroecosystems in Mexico and Puerto Rico.
- Ecological dynamics of the invasive ant, Wasmannia auropunctata in Mexico and Puerto Rico.
Also check out Vandermeer’s blog.