Home

Christi teaching ASIAN435 in Fall 2019, a photo included in the article “In this game, everyone wins” by Lynne Raughley, featured in The Connector Vol. 2020.

I am author of Riddles of Belonging: India in Translation and other Tales of Possession (Fordham University Press, 2009)My translations of the stories of Rajasthani writer Vijaydan Detha, Chouboli and Other Stories, co-published by Katha (New Delhi) and Fordham University Press (New York) won the 2012 A.K. Ramanujan Award. I spent the 2013-14 school year in India on a Senior Fellowship through the National Endowment for the Humanities and the American Institute of Indian Studies researching my current book project, Genres of Real Life: Mediating Stories of Injustice Across Languages. I have taught courses in world literature and translation, as well as in South Asian literature and culture, at both the undergraduate as well as the graduate level. In my undergraduate courses in particular I have worked with teams of media consultants to adapt social media technologies such as blogs, wikis and aggregation tools to promote more active and engaged critical thinking skills in the intercultural classroom, including a “virtual workshop” method of peer-to-peer editing and online tools such as translation networks and collect connect for comparing and commenting on objects in UM Collections, thanks to support at University of Michigan from the Language Resource Center, the Teaching with Technology Institute, the Public Goods Council, the Sweetland Writing Center and the office of Digital Education and Innovation.