Future Faculty Workshop| May 10−13, 2016

Develop Your Career
The NextProf Science Workshop is designed to encourage talented scientists and mathematicians with a demonstrated commitment to diversity to consider academia — an exciting and rewarding career. We will help you develop strategies to strengthen your ability to pursue an academic career. Travel, lodging, and meals will be provided. Learn more at About NextProf.

Listen. Learn. Network.
At NextProf Science, you will learn:

• how the faculty search process works
  • how to build successful research programs
  • how to form a teaching and mentoring philosophy
  • why a network is important

Expand your network at NextProf.  Join colleagues, faculty, and academic leaders from across the country. Learn how diverse faculty meet the challenges of research and teaching. Share conversations with successful faculty members about their goals and views of academia.

Apply!
Watch this space for the 2017 Application.

"I would describe NextProf as the needed crash-course in how to apply to faculty positions, demystifying the process and kickstarting my material preparation for the next faculty job cycle. But with the side effect of bringing together an extraordinary and diverse group of people to share experiences and build a mini-community of others who have like-minded goals and a breadth of experiences that makes me excited for the future of academia."
"I think my favorite part was just being in a room with this diverse group of talented scientists -- it is a rare experience for me!"
"I've had an academic career as my goal for awhile, but now for the first time I feel like I know what that really means and I have an idea of how to make it happen."
"...the most useful thing for me is this overall galvanizing sense of motivation and support from the faculty and the other participants. I now know what concrete steps I need to take to get a faculty position."
“For me, what was most useful about the NextProf Science workshop was the in depth and frank discussions about all the aspects of the job prospect in academia and what are required to obtain tenure.”
“I was blown away by this workshop. Lots of useful information I never would have gotten as a postdoc...”
“...an amazing opportunity to learn about life in academia, an awesome environment to meet colleagues, and an opportunity to gain self-confidence and value your work. “
“The NextProf Science workshop is an outstanding resource that gives you a "behind the scene" look into planning and preparing for a faculty appointment.”