Assistant Professor, University of Michigan
B.S. Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, Central Michigan University
Ph.D. Chemistry, Texas A&M University
HHMI/NIH Postdoctoral Researcher, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Honors and Awards:
- Searle Scholars Award
- Ralph E. Powe Junior Faculty Enhancement Award
- Central Michigan University Center for Applied Mathematics and Polymer Fluid Dynamics Distinguished Alumni Recognition
- National Institutes of Health F32 Postdoctoral Fellowship (1F32GM108189)
- Rising Star in Chemistry, University of Chicago
- Sharon Dabney Scholarship for Outstanding Chemistry Graduate Students
- Invited member of Texas A&M University Phi Lambda Upsilon, GPA: 4.0
- Pre-doctoral NIH Chemistry-Biology Interface Research Fellowship
Also find our lab here: Program in Chemical Biology
Bin Li- Postdoctoral Researcher
Dr. Bin Li received his Ph.D. in Chemistry from Boston University in 2018. His graduate research in the Elliott Lab focused on the biochemical and biophysical characterization of 2-oxoacid:ferredoxin oxidoreductase and ferredoxin in CO2 metabolism.
Chris Perry- Postdoctoral Researcher
Dr. Chris Perry received his Ph.D. in Chemistry from The University of Warwick in 2019. His graduate research in the Challis Lab focused on oxidative carbocyclization Reactions catalyzed by members of the Rieske non-heme iron oxygenase enzyme class.
Minshik Jo– Graduate Student in Chemistry
Minshik Jo received a B.S. degree in biochemistry from University of California, Los Angeles in 2016. During undergraduate, he worked on engineering enzymes to catalyze novel organic reactions in the Bowie lab.
Jianxin Liu – Graduate Student in Chemistry
Jianxin Liu received his B.S. degree in Chemistry in the Zhiyuan Honor Program at Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU), China, 2017.
Christopher Ohmer – Graduate Student in Chemical Biology
David Boggs– Graduate Student in Chemistry
Jiayi Tian– Graduate Student in Chemistry
Johnny Mendoza– Graduate Student in Chemistry
Robert Canfield, Paul Potter, John Hartert