Home

Originally from Tampa, Florida, I attended the University of Florida beginning in 2012. I graduated Summa cum Laude in the fall of 2016 with a B.S. in Physics and Astronomy as well as a minor in Mathematics. The following year, I entered the Astronomy and Astrophysics PhD. program at the University of Michigan where I am currently a second year graduate student.

As an undergraduate at the University of Florida, I worked with Prof. Elizabeth Lada and Dr. Naibi Marinas on characterizing the circumstellar disk population of low-mass stars in embedded clusters. This work resulted in my senior thesis (available on the UF Digital Collections) and a poster presentation at the 227th AAS Conference. Additionally, I joined the biophysics laboratory of Prof. Stephen Hagen where I worked for two years on the effects of oxidative stress on the genetic competence network of Streptococcus mutans. My work in this lab was published in the Journal of Applied and Environmental Microbiology in November 2017.

At present, I work with Prof. Michael Meyer and Dr. Megan Reiter on the characterization of binary star populations. I am a member of the Formation and Evolution of Planetary Systems group led by Prof. Meyer. My research involves the creation and implementation of a double PSF code that is used to identify companion stars down to projected separations of .05” with ACS/WFC on HST. Using this tool, I will characterize many binary star populations at separations previously unexplored. Return in April/May of 2019 to read about my analysis of the binary star population of the Orion Nebula Cluster. I will present the preliminary results of this work at the 233rd AAS Conference in January 2019.