Yifei Wang

2022 COHORT

As a University of Michigan Quant student, I’m always amazed by the influence of quantitative finance. With proper knowledge and decision-making, we can really change society and individuals’ futures in a positive way. Therefore, I am excited about pursuing careers in modeling, pricing, and trading. In the past year, I constantly explored the intuition and techniques of options trading in and out of class.

During my internship at JPMorgan Chase, I studied and used pricing models such as the Black-Scholes formula for European options and the Monte-Carlo simulation for American options. To achieve the above models, I familiarized myself with Geometric Brownian Motion for stock paths simulation. During my prior internship at CICC, I developed and optimized six different types of stock trading strategies with Python and back-tested the strategies using historical data. Besides consolidating and improving my knowledge in math and programming, I enhanced my adaptation skills as I responded quickly to the errors that occurred in my model and did the in-time modifications.

These exposures ignited my passion for exploring more in-depth the financial applications of what I have learned at school and enlightened me as to what aspects I need to develop in further study.

yifeiwan@umich.edu : Linkedin