Yu Shi

2023 COHORT

, , , , , ,

ryansy@umich.edu | LinkedIn

Hi! I am Ryan, a highly motivated graduate student at the University of Michigan, pursuing a Master’s degree in Quantitative Finance & Risk Management. My educational journey began here, where I earned a Bachelor of Science degree, majoring in Math Science and Computer Science.

My academic career has been marked by diverse research projects spanning data analysis, machine learning, optimization, financial engineering, and image recognition. These experiences have honed my analytical skills and equipped me to tackle complex problems in quantitative finance.I’m particularly passionate about leveraging data-driven insights for informed decision-making in the world of finance. With a strong command of quantitative techniques, I excel in analyzing intricate financial data, identifying patterns, and crafting innovative risk assessment models.

In addition to my academic pursuits, I’m the proud founder of the Michigan Chinese Investment (MCI) Club, where I lead efforts to foster a community of aspiring finance professionals. I’ve also gained valuable experience working at Mint Finance, where I serve as an Assistant to the Head of Investment, human resources handling recruitment, learning the fundamentals of investment strategies and moat analysis. My time at Mint Finance has given me insights into the evaluation of interviewees, distinguishing between those with real insights and those merely feigning knowledge.

Beyond leadership, I’m a firm believer in personal development, which is why I’m passionate about activities like snowboarding, basketball, snooker, swimming, golf, table tennis, tennis, fishing, and camping. Engaging in these pursuits enriches my life and provides insight into diverse perspectives.

In summary, I bring a versatile skill set, a passion for personal growth, and a commitment to fostering growth in others to every endeavor I undertake. If you share my enthusiasm for finance, data analysis, or personal development, I’d love to connect with you.