Yuan Xu

2023 COHORT

, , , , ,

yuanxyr@umich.edu | LinkedIn | Resume

I am starting my first semester of my master’s degree in Quantitative Finance and Risk Management at the University of Michigan. I am currently looking for Quant internships for Winter 2023 and summer 2024.

I am continuously advancing my expertise in finance, statistics, and mathematics. I have a pretty good command in Python, MATLAB while being familiar with C++, SQL and PowerBI. During the undergraduate study at the University of Sydney, I won a upper second-class honour award in applied mathematics, ranking among the best students in the faculty of applied mathematics and statistics.

I had three internships of industrial research in the secondary market and ESG. I also undertook a one-year rigorous mathematical research and the related publication is currently under reviewed for publication.

In terms of my philosophy of life, I believe in the existence of logical positivism. Specifically, I have a strong inclination to recognize, understand and trust the information via empirical observation and logical analysis. And I believe mathematics or natural science is the most fundamental path, though not always the most effective one, to interpret financial world. This philosophy continuously promotes me to study mathematics and quantitative finance.

My future plan is to seek Quant internships for winter 2023 and summer 2024, and to work at a quantitative trading firm, an investment bank or a tech company.