Yueyang Liu

2021 COHORT

I earned my undergraduate degree in Mathematical Sciences from the University of Michigan in 2021. From there, I joined the Quant Program as an accelerated degree program student, building on the relevant coursework I completed as an undergrad. My prior experience includes a quantitative analyst internship with ZT Capital in Shanghai, as well as an internship project on how to detect group credit card default at Industrial and Commercial Bank of China.

My experience as a quantitative analyst intern drove me to pursue quantitative finance as a career and to invest in further education. I loved the work and realized that I needed to learn more about the field in order to achieve success and fine-tune my career interests. As of now, I’m most interested in roles at private placement companies, consulting companies, or banks where I can specialize in risk management.

People recognize me as a caring and empathetic person, so they’re often a little surprised to learn that I practice Chinese martial arts and kick boxing in my free time.

yueyangl@umich.edu | LinkedIn | Resume